Moon Joshua Tree & Palm Springs: Hiking, Scenic Drives, Desert Getaways (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
From the chic pools of Palm Springs to the rugged beauty of Joshua Tree National Park, soak up the California sunshine with Moon Joshua Tree & Palm Springs. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, like relaxing weekends in Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley and the week-long best of Joshua Tree National Park, including day trips to the Salton Sea and Idyllwild
- Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, spa-seekers, poolside loungers, and more
- The best hikes in Joshua Tree and the Palm Springs area marked with mileage, duration, difficulty level, and elevation gain, plus trailheads and detailed directions
- Top activities and unique experiences: Discover hidden waterfalls, fan palm oases, and stunning canyons on a hike through Joshua Tree, or trek part of the Pacific Crest Trail on a day trip to the Sand to Snow National Monument. Try a rejuvenating sound bath or soak in serene hot springs. Admire mid-century architecture and sip retro-chic cocktails in Rat-Pack-era hangouts and sample the best of the party scene, from poolside resorts to wild west saloons
- Insider advice from SoCal local Jenna Blough on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around, including how to get to Joshua Tree and Palm Springs from Los Angeles
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and culture, plus tips for families, seniors, LGBTQ travelers, and visitors with disabilities
Exploring California’s national parks? Check out Moon Death Valley National Park or Moon Sequoia & Kings Canyon.
About the Author
Jenna Blough grew up on the edge of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, where she was allowed to run wild, instilling a love of the outdoors early on. After her parents dragged her and her sister on a cross-country road trip of epic proportions, she developed an equal appreciation for Wild West roadside attractions, historic sites, and wilderness.
Jenna eventually found the California desert to be her geographic soul mate. She loves Palm Springs for its poolside lounging and cocktails, and Joshua Tree for its fantastic hiking and otherworldly landscape.
Jenna received an undergraduate degree in cultural anthropology, an MA in English literature, and an MFA in writing. She is also the author of Moon Death Valley National Park. Jenna resides in Los Angeles with her husband Ryan Jones. Visit her blog at whentheroadends.com.