1,000 Perfect Weekends: Great Getaways Around the Globe (Hardcover)
Packed with innovative ideas and inspiring photographs, this gift-worthy treasury features 1,000 dream weekend escapes from sunny beach retreats to lush mountain idylls, exotic city sojourns, and wild adventures around the world.
Whether you're looking for a way to unplug from the busy work week, take the family on a quick getaway, or add to a vacation itinerary, this practical and inspiring book provides the perfect way to plan your next quick escape. Whatever your pleasure, 1,000 Perfect Weekends has a unique itinerary built to excite you, illustrated with dramatic National Geographic photographs. Divided by theme and interest--including nature parks, country weekends, mountain retreats, enabled travel, romantic getaways, traveling with pets, and more--this fun-packed guide offers an adventure you can experience in 36 to 72 hours. Highlighting the best short escapes from hubs across the globe, these trips cover more than 40 countries around the world with escapes like:
- Two days sailing off the coast of the Bahamas
- Camping with wild horses on Assateague Island in Maryland
- Driving through Italy's "Chocolate Valley"--a mouth watering experience
- Skating the world's largest ice rink at Ottawa's winter festival
- Swinging over the edge of the world in Ecuador
- A family-friendly getaway to the best theme parks in the country
- An R&R weekend at a renowned spa in California's Napa Valley
This is the ultimate wanderlust's collection! With nearly 20 years worth of weekend adventures to be had, you'll love working your way through the world's best weekend bucket list.
Want to escape with more? Check out more National Geographic best-selling travel titles:
- 50 States, 5,000 Ideas
- 100 Drives, 5,000 Ideas
- 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas
- National Geographic Epic Journeys
- National Geographic Destinations of a Lifetime
- Drives of a Lifetime, 2nd Edition
About the Author
One of the world's leading nonfiction publishers, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has published more than 1,700 titles, featuring such categories as history, travel, nature, photography, space, science, health, biography, and memoir. A portion of its proceeds is used to fund exploration, conservation, and education through ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.